Website Akton Recruitment
£24 an hour
Your role will be to make day-to-day decisions on the maintenance of the Council’s housing stock. Mostly this will be in relation to repairs to the communal areas as well as improvement works. Working to demanding performance standards, maintaining close control over budgets & close oversight of the health and safety are the key demands of the job.
* Organise invitation and receipt of tenders from council approved contractors. This includes preparation of specifications, evaluation, and reporting of tenders.
* The identification of planning and conservation area consents required and oversight of associated submissions.
* Contribute to the compilation and maintenance of comprehensive stock data for the council’s assets.
* Undertake inspections and surveys to ensure consistency in the service delivered to clients by Surveyors.
Experience & Qualifications:
* RICS or equivalent membership.
* Have a good understand construction drawings and specifications.
* High level of technical skills including the use of CAD.
* High level communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent ICT skills.
* Ability to prepare and interpret technical reports and legal documentation.