Website Akton Recruitment
Net Zero Manager
£60,000 + car allowance + bonus + private medical insurance
Akton are currently looking for a Net Zero Manager to join our client in London. If you’re the type of person who loves to maximise results and make the complex, simple – this could be the role for you!
The Net Zero Manager will lead on the net zero carbon systems including compliance, environmental reporting and validation, environmental training development and delivery and monitoring and reporting of non-financial indicators across the business.
What will you deliver?
* Lead on NZC progress reporting, including validation of data for Board reports.
* Support NZC governance and action planning.
* Work alongside finance for NZC financial reporting and budget requirements.
* Lead engagement with the procurement team and supply chain partners to further develop Scope 3 reporting.
* Manage and process data inputs for the Net Zero Carbon Plan.
* Deliver internal carbon literacy training.
* Conduct onsite carbon assessments.
* Produce carbon reduction business case proposals.
* Lead on Carbon Trust / SBTi certification.
* Develop environmental strategies on material topics including energy and fuel, travel, circular economy/ zero waste, water, biodiversity etc.
* Manage mandatory carbon disclosure reports including PPN06 Carbon Reduction Plan SECR, ESOS, TCFD.
* Respond to Group reporting requirements.
* Support in the management of external audits in relation to ongoing ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 certification.
* Support the implementation of consistent measurement tools to capture non-financial objectives across the business, including management of environmental apps used for data collation.
* Lead on trend analysis of environmental KPIs to inform progress on Net Zero milestones and ensure fulfilment of reporting obligations.
* Undertake internal and supply chain audits to verify environmental compliance.
* Lead in the preparation of applications for external awards.
* Provide business development support as a net zero SME.
* Degree level education (ideally in an environmental, sustainability, science, or business-related subject) or equivalent experience.
* Member of a relevant professional Institute e.g. IEMA
* Experience in management and implementation of net zero carbon strategies, including engagement with senior business stakeholders to implement net zero carbon strategy.
* Experience of liaison with relevant external certification bodies.
* Good knowledge of current energy, carbon, and environmental legislation including requirements related to non-financial reporting (SECR, TCFD).
* Extensive experience in operational carbon footprinting, preferably in FM, construction and energy sector.
* Exceptional collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills, and experience in working across all levels of an organisation.
* Experience of robust environmental reporting and validation with proven ability to analyse, interpret and present environmental data at appropriate levels for different stakeholder groups.
On offer is a competitive salary, car or car allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
* Pension Scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
* Life Cover equivalent to 2 times annual salary
* 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
* Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
* Gym membership discounts
* Cycle to work scheme
* Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes