Website Akton Recruitment
Senior Street Works Inspector
Are you a qualified or experienced street works inspector looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
Your job will be to manage the team that inspects street works for compliance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Traffic Management Act 2004 & The London Permit Scheme (LoPS), collecting evidence of non-compliance with legislation, LoPS or permit conditions.
* Maintain the unclassified highway network so that, always, it meets the condition specified in the Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Plan.
* Carry out street works inspector’s duties when workloads and staffing levels dictate.
* Work closely with the assistant senior area engineer to ensure the work of the Street Works Inspectors is coordinated with the work of the area engineers to avoid duplication and to achieve maximum efficiency
* Be jointly responsible with the assistant senior area engineer and development related works co-coordinator for ensuring that the Council’s highway network is 100% inspected according to published cyclical programme for safety defects and that the service meets the Council’s key performance indicators on all cyclical inspections per quarter.
* Carry out sufficient sampling of street works inspections, cyclic inspection reports, works orders and work done to assure quality and consistency of direct report’s work, responding to any non-compliance with a proportionate improvement plan.
* Be responsible for arranging the maintenance and set up of the hand held electronic devices for the inspector’s daily visits. Give support with hand held devices to users and Lambeth IT in maintenance and software issues. Arrange for testing of new software and upgrades to ensure fitness for purpose.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and its practical implementation; NRSWA 1991, SROH, Highways Act 1080, TMA 2004, RTA 1984, TSRGD, CDM2007.
* An understanding and knowledge of the use and characteristic of the various highway materials, methods, and standards.
* Knowledge of key principles of temporary traffic management and ability to design and assess traffic management, propose methods of work, and identify necessary remedial action to defective rein-statements.
* Three year’s relevant experience in either a public or private sector post requiring NRSWA accreditation to Supervisor level as a Highways Inspector, Trench Inspector, Clerk of Works or similar role.