Website Akton Recruitment
Are you a qualified or experienced Property Surveyor looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
The post will initially be for 9 months and will sit within the Development Team in the Regeneration Directorate. The role will involve hybrid working.
* Develop and deliver programmes and/or individual schemes for the successful disposal of the Council’s vacant housing stock including option appraisals, undertaking RICS Red Book valuations and the negotiations and settlement of terms.
* Supporting Adult Services and Children Services to review the service areas accommodation requirements for vulnerable and supported children and adults. This will include accommodation for looked after children; foster care homes; key worker homes; accommodation for rough sleepers and homeless people; and accommodation in a range of extra care settings.
* Develop financial models on an invest to save basis to enable the Council to acquire/develop its own supported/specialist housing accommodation.
* Identify opportunities for the acquisition and/or creation of new build supported/specialist housing accommodation.
Experience & Qualifications:
* RICS qualified (minimum of 5 years).
* 5 -10 years property experience, preferably including working in a local government environment