Website Akton Recruitment
Senior Street Works Coordinator
Are you a qualified or experienced Street works inspector looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
You will be supervising a team of co-coordinators or inspectors discharging the council’s network management duties on behalf of the Traffic Manager. Depending on the role, you will also be expected to undertake inspections to enforce licensing and related issues.
* Supervises a team of inspectors and/or coordinators
* Ensures routine and reactive inspections of street works are carried out by self and team
* Ensures that all works and events on the highway are undertaken in an approved manner and that any breaches are addressed through the correct procedures
* Undertake a range of services in connection with TMA network management, TMA Permitting, claims handling and requirements of the New Roads and Street Works and relevant Codes of Practice, including Reinstatement of Openings in the Highway
* Issues Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) when there are breaches of London Permit Scheme (LoPS), or non-compliance with Permit conditions
* Keeps abreast of current NRSWA legislation and Code of Practice
* Undertakes investigate site work to defend challenge to levied charges for LoPS Permits
* Identifies, inspects, and assess works and activities on the public highway for compliance with legislation and codes of practice, and take relevant enforcement action for non-compliance as appropriate, e.g., NRSWA, TMA
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant technical qualification, e.g., HND/HNC/Degree or significant equivalent experience. (New Roads & Street Works qualification or accreditation)
* Works collaboratively with others, leading by example in accordance with STAR Values and Behaviour.
* Supports a learning environment where innovation and creativity are celebrated, and risks are managed with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
* Experience of Street Manager/Mayrise/related network management software