Website Akton Recruitment
Are you a qualified or experienced principal engineer looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
This role will work within the forward-thinking Highways Structures Team, responsible for delivering projects and schemes through the coordination, implementation and promotion of county council policy and good engineering practice
* Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in an operational area of the service’s work, delivering projects and/or services which meet local and national highway and transportation objectives, targets, and safety standards.
* Responsible for designing or managing the design of capital structures schemes, ensuring the technical, economic, environmental and safety aspects are considered, followed by managing the delivery of the works on the ground.
* Responsible for managing investigative works to structures, including site visits to undertake supervision, and managing level surveys where appropriate.
* Analyse and interpret a range of varied and complex data and information to prepare detailed briefs/reports and make recommendations where necessary on a range of activities within the service which may include accident, defect, flooding, traffic and survey data, to ensure the safety and protection of the people of West Sussex.
* Contribute to varied and complex policy work, by providing the operational context for policy solutions.
* Preparation of reports, scheme briefs, programmes of work, research and use service-related databases / computer programmes. Contribute to development.
Experience & Qualifications:
* BTEC HNC level or degree, Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer or post graduate qualification within the specialist area or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of advanced applied knowledge in researching, analysing, and evaluating arguments and information.
* Relevant membership of a professional body e.g., Chartered or Incorporated Engineer – Desirable
* Detailed and thorough knowledge of relevant highways and transportation standards and procedures, including a broad understanding of civil engineering design and construction procedures, techniques, and statutory procedures.
* Extensive and expert working knowledge of all relevant areas of work and detailed understanding of the overall working of the relevant service unit.
* Demonstrable evidence of applying in-depth specialist knowledge and providing advice in relation to specific specialist area.