Website Akton Recruitment
Clerk of Works
Are you a qualified or experienced Clerk of Works looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
Your role will be to assist with overseeing and monitoring the quality of the Capital Programme Works, and other projects as required, by ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed correctly and the work is carried out in compliance with the council’s requirements.
* No direct supervisory responsibility however may be requirement to assist in the
induction and training of peers and new contractors or employees.
* Support a culture that ensures a reputation for innovation, creativity, and development.
* Ensure compliance with key policy and procedure in areas such as health & safety, equality’s and diversity and other statutory requirements.
* Maintain good co-operative working relationships with a range of consultants and contractors employed by the council to deliver the Capital Programme Works Service.
* Undertake site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with the contract specification and drawings, current legislation and the Council’s standards and policies as they relate to the Capital Programme Works related projects.
* Assist, instruct and advise contractors on site on matters related to quality control and the interpretation of contract documents as they relate to all Capital Programme Works allocated projects.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Construction/Surveying/ property related Higher Education Qualification, Construction Trade Certificate, or equivalent experience.
* CSCS Card
* Relevant professional qualification in a discipline covering building and construction e,g MICWCI.
* Able to fully access buildings/building sites/ rough ground to carry out aspects of the role.
* Ability to work flexibly and attend Council and Public meetings outside usual working hours as required.
* Experience of managing construction or building and related projects.
* Experience of working collaboratively with contractors and trades to deliver a service to budget and within the quality expected by the customer and the organisation.
* Full UK driving license.