Website Akton Recruitment
Building Control Surveyor
Are you a qualified or experienced Building Surveyor looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
Your role will be ensuring compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation and assessing applications and associated plans, reports, and calculations.
* To support the provision of an excellent building control service to applicants, landowners’ residents, community groups, amenity groups and other interested parties.
* To process plans, specifications and calculations and applications for compliance with building regulations and associated legislation and take appropriate action in accordance with local performance indicators.
* Undertake inspections of sites to ensure compliance with the building regulations and related legislation and take appropriate action.
* To work with internal departments and/or the appropriate Principal Surveyor to ensure compliance with building regulations, licensing, fire/access regulations and public health and safety on council projects as and when required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Hold a BTEC qualification, Degree or equivalent in a building construction related subject.
* Have appropriate post qualification building control experience.
* Ability to climb ladders, scaffolding, and other means of gaining access to building sites, working at heights.
* Have good written and oral communications skills including the communication of legal and technical requirements