Website Akton Recruitment
Senior Development Manager
Are you a qualified or experienced Development manager looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
Your role will be to work as part of the council’s Meridian Water team to develop and deliver specific high profile regeneration projects across the borough including the development and implementation of major physical, social, and environmental projects.
* To lead development of major regeneration projects in the Meridian Water priority area that will support delivery of the Council’s objectives to deliver over 10,000 new homes and over 6,000 jobs.
* Specifically, responsible for project managing delivery of large-scale mixed-use development sites, including scheme development and procurement of delivery partners.
* Monitoring and management of substantial capital budgets (over £10 million).
* To manage project teams of up to 15 staff and which include staff from all levels which are of diverse and various professional and technical disciplines, from other services elsewhere in the Council.
* Deliver project and performance management activities, including project initiation documents, project plans, business case and options appraisals, risk management and budget planning.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant subject e.g., Surveying, Planning, Regeneration.
* Knowledge and proven experience of leading the development of complex regeneration projects.
* 5-8 years in Real Estate and Housing Development (experience of mixed-use development preferred)
* Knowledge of current housing, affordable housing, and commercial real estate market
* Knowledge of technical, legal, and commercial disciplines that contribute to regeneration processes
* Ability to manage capital and revenue budgets and interrogate financial information for accuracy and to ensure best value for the Council.