Website Akton Recruitment
Are you a qualified or experienced Highway Electrician looking for a new role to broaden your skills?
Your role will be to install, service, maintain and test all attributes of the Boroughs Street lighting asset.
* Work in compliance with all current electrical regulations & to enforce highway legislation, Acts of Parliament & including regulatory standards associated with street lighting maintenance.
* To install, service, repair, maintain and install all types of street lighting equipment.
* Assess problems, interpret complex information with various types of street lighting electrical installations, including private underground cable distribution networks, and decide the appropriate measures to correct faults without delays.
* Competent in the use of digital electrical testing equipment and ensuring accuracy in recording test results.
* Maintain vehicle stock to ensure continued service delivery without delays.
* Liaise with all emergency services for both in hours, or out of hour highway electrical incidents
Experience & Qualifications:
* City & Guilds 2365 or 2357 or equivalent recognised qualification in electrical installation or electrical technology.
* NVQ level 3 in electrical installation or electrical technology.
* AM2 trade test or equivalent within the electrical industry.
* BS7671:2008 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations.
* Comprehensive experience of working on both single & dual carriageway roads with traffic speeds up to 60MPH.
* Excellent street lighting electrical maintenance experience, or 2 years post qualification electrical experience in both domestic and commercial installations.