Website Akton Recruitment
Project Manager Major Projects
£26 an hour
This role will act as the Project Manager to deliver a programme of structural repairs and improvements to 4 number brick arch railway bridges known as the Parkland Walk including the demolition and construction of the new Stanhope Road Bridge.
* Responsible for the engagement of specialist’s consultants, assessment and option studies, detailed design, cost plans, contract documentation, tender procurement and works implementation.
* Value of the works is currently estimated to be between £8,000,000 to £10,000,000 including all professional services fees.
* To manage the appointed specialist’s consultants throughout the term of their appointment.
* Ensure that all project milestones dates and requirements are meet.
* Produce monthly project Highlight Reports for Client reporting purposes and reporting to the project board.
* Produce and update as required the project programme.
* Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the CDM Regulations 2015.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Project Management qualification either Prince 2 or APM or 5 years relevant experience.
* Civil or Structural Engineering Degree or minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
* Knowledge of bridge and highway design standards, specifications and CDM Regulations.
* Broad knowledge of civil engineering, cost estimating, financial control, programming, and contracts (ICE, NEC and TCT).