Website Akton Recruitment
Principal Planning Officer
£25 an hour
* Be responsible for a case load of complex, generally major planning, and related applications, including pre-application submissions across the district which can raise extensive issues.
* Responsible for all stages from initial assessment, through to committee reporting, legal agreements, conditions, and appeals.
* * Principal Planning Officers play an important role in the delivery of significant new development in the District (as allocated in the East Herts District Plan 2018, other major windfall sites) and complex minor applications.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A degree in Town and Country Planning and/or post graduate qualification in Town and Country Planning is essential.
* Demonstrate experience of dealing with work at a senior level with minimal supervision.
* Significant experience of dealing with planning issues, reaching sound decisions, and articulating planning issues in public including at committees and public meetings.
* Experience and understanding of the planning legal.