Website Akton Recruitment
Property Asset Principal
£25 an hour
This role will be a mix of home working, Office based (County Hall Preston) and site visits to schools in Lancashire, doesn’t have to be based in Lancashire but expectation that they will be required to regularly attend the office and sites in Lancashire.
* Development of the school’s capital programmes to enable the council to meet its statutory duty to provide sufficient school places as an education authority with a specific emphasis on the SEND and Basic Need programmes.
* To deliver against the objectives set out in the services Property Asset Management Strategy, working both with internal teams and external stakeholders to achieve this.
* Monitoring and reporting of capital programmes to ensure delivery against agreed timescales and criteria.
* Provide a good understanding and guidance for capital works to education and public buildings, especially the maintenance, refurbishment and life cycle management of buildings and the use of appropriate construction methods and techniques (traditional, modern, and sustainable).
Experience & Qualifications:
* Professional and/or academic level qualification or equivalent in a relevant technical, scientific, specialised, or operational field.
* Qualified MRICS – Chartered Member.
* Significant experience in a technical/specialist advisory role.
* A good understanding of the operation of schools and school buildings and the application of Department for Education Design Guides and Building Bulletins.