Website Akton Recruitment
£35 an hour
* Acting as client for transport schemes, ensuring projects are delivered to time cost and quality, including approving project plans, requesting changes, raising issues and risks, approving milestones, releasing payments, and accepting (or declining) the final deliverable of the project.
* Drafting business case for submission to external funding partners for transport schemes in the Borough.
* Working with project managers to co-ordinate delivery of inputs into those business cases.
* Commissioning and overseeing external support where required in respect of modelling and appraisal as required for those business cases.
* Contribute to the team’s input into local, regional, and national transport strategy and planning development and review.
* Assist with the preparation of briefing notes, papers and reports for Committees, Boards, Scrutiny Panels and other groups and agendas.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Able to clearly and effectively brief and manage internal external providers
* Good knowledge of techniques for the assurance and appraisal of transportation projects, including TAG
* Good knowledge traffic modelling techniques, Junctions9. Knowledge of SATURN and micro-simulation modes also a positive.
* Good knowledge of local, regional, and national transport policies and strategies
* Familiarly of automatic traffic counter systems, including Drakewell
* Good knowledge and experience of local authority procurement processes and procedures