Website Akton Recruitment
£25 an hour
Key Responsibilities of Senior Engineer:
* To provide, maintain, develop, design, implement and pro-actively improve the services provided by the Service accord with Council policy and in particular: –
* To progress and secure the effective project management of assigned projects through all stages from conception through to implementation and monitoring.
* To develop, design, consult, progress and implement measures to assist, enhance, maintain, and promote the use of the highway network and infrastructure.
* To participate in the production, development and review of contracts, technical codes of practice and the tendering process from pre-feasibility to post implementation reviews
* To represent the Team Manager at meetings with other services and outside bodies (e.g., Police, Emergency Services, London Transport, Highways Agency, Traffic Director for London)
Experience and Qualifications:
* Corporate Membership or Incorporated status of a recognised professional engineering institution in at least one of the disciplines within the service or a qualification in Engineering/Transportation to degree level
* Experience in contract management, prioritisation of works programmes, and delivering these within agreed constraints.
* Experience in the various forms of public consultation techniques.
* Experience in the use of IT including word processing packages, spreadsheets, presentation packages and databases and AutoCAD.